This year’s annual meeting was held at Indian Summer on February 15.
Guest Speaker: Dr. Chelsea Unruh
LGBT Health: Why You Should Care
Dr. Unruh completed an undergraduate degree in English at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. After teaching abroad, Dr. Unruh returned to their hometown of Hillsboro, Oregon to complete post-baccalaureate studies at Portland State University. They received medical training at Poznan University of Medical Sciences in Poznan, Poland and completed residency at Providence St. Peter Family Medicine in Olympia. Dr. Unruh’s medical interests include women’s health, obstetrics, addiction medicine, LGBT competent care, and sexual health. Dr. Unruh’s non-medical interests include hiking, travel, gardening, knitting, and making food from scratch.
- Define and correctly utilize appropriate terminology used in the LGBTQ community
- Recognize health concerns of populations within the LGBTQ community
- Examine the current political climate’s implications on this populations’ health
- Explain where to obtain up to date medical literature and resources
- Model sensitivity to diversity in communication and care